AssignmentsArticle Analysis AssignmentContent RequirementsAfter the instructor has announced that the topics have been posted, choose a group based on the topics posted and be sure of your choice before signing up on D2L. If a group is full, you need to sign up for a different group.Before you read the article corresponding to your topic, read Jordan and Zanna’s (1999) paper, How to Read a Journal Article in Social Psychology, which is available at this link: https://www.uvm.edu/~dguber/POLS234/articles/read.htm.Carefully read the article corresponding to your topic. (Articles can be found in the locker corresponding to your group.) Identify the purpose, hypotheses, key variables (independent, dependent, or correlational) and how they are operationalized, type of research design (e.g., experimental, correlational, quasi-experimental), procedure (including cover story), and key results. You can use the article analysis form to summarize these details if you wish, but this form does not need to be submitted. If your article is a multi-study paper, read the whole article, and summarize the first study and then briefly (in 1-2 sentences) mention how the subsequent studies differed from the first study.Then describe implications of the results (in plain language) and a possible follow-up study. Explain why your follow-up study is important and what it would tell us about this line of research. Aim to propose something original rather than something described in the Discussion section of the article. Finish the paper with an APA style reference for the article. The paper should be written in paragraph format, in accordance with APA style. As writing quality is especially essential in such a short piece, plan to write multiple drafts.Online Group DiscussionYou are required to discuss your article with your group using the online discussion board designated for your group on D2L. You should be comparing notes on the above (boldfaced) details of the article that you have read. Your group may not agree on all the details (e.g., main independent variable, type of design), but that is okay. On the other hand, if your group reaches a consensus, then the individual summaries by each group member will have the same information EXCEPT for one part. Each person in the group should have a unique idea for the follow-up study. You are not required to discuss your idea for the follow-up study with the rest of your group. Your online group discussion mark will be based on the degree of your participation in your group’s discussion board.Individual SubmissionFormat & Length: Maximum three double-spaced pages with one-inch margins (including reference on the last page). Do not include a title page. Your name and the title should appear at the top of the first page.Font: 12-pointDue: July 5, 2022. Papers must be submitted in the D2L dropbox by 11:59 pm on the deadline date.See the Assignment Schedule for the due date.Submit using the Dropbox.Article Analysis Assignment Marking SchemeYour article analysis will be marked according to the following criteria:Criteria WeightPurpose and Hypotheses – 3 marksKey Variables and how they are Operationalized – 3 marksType of Research Design – 2 marksProcedure – 2 marksSummary of Key Results & Implications – 3 marksPossible Follow-up Study – 4 marksAPA Style for Reference at end of paper – 2 marksOrganisation, Clarity of Writing, Style – 1 markTotal = 20 marksIndividually Submitted Article Analysis 23%Online Discussion with your Group: 2%Total Assignment Value 25%
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more