Instructions: Read the following section in the textbook: “Elements of Differential Association Theory.” Please use the nine specific statements outlined by Sutherland to explain a bank robbery.
1. Criminal behavior is learned.
2. Criminal behavior is learned in interaction with other persons in a process of communication.
3. The principal part of the learning of criminal behavior occurs within intimate personal groups.
4. When criminal behavior is learned, the learning includes (a) techniques of committing the crime, which are sometimes very complicated, sometimes very simple; (b) the specific direction of motives, drives, rationalizations, and attitudes.
5. The specific direction of motives and drives is learned from definitions of the legal codes as favorable or unfavorable.
6. A person becomes delinquent because of an excess of definitions favorable to violation of law over definitions unfavorable to violation of law.
7. Differential associations may vary in frequency, duration, priority, and intensity.
8. The process of learning criminal behavior by association with criminal and anticriminal patterns involves all of the mechanisms that are involved in any other learning.
9. While criminal behavior is an expression of general needs and values, it is not explained by those general needs and values, since noncriminal behavior is an expression of the same needs and values.
Answer these in at least 3 sentences
.A key issue in Free Speech on Parade is the limit of freedom of speech. What are some benefits of a society with a broad definition of freedom of speech? Are there any drawbacks? Give examples to support your answer.
What events in the history of the United States do you think have influenced Americans’ deeply-held beliefs, as they relate to the importance of the First Amendment?
An important factor in The Nosy Dog-Walker surrounds regulations on who should be in possession of a firearm. What limits do you personally believe should be placed on gun ownership, if any? Why?
What social, political, or cultural factors do you think have shaped the way Americans feel about gun control legislation? Support your answer with an example.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more