Posted at 17:55h
Individually apply the epidemiology skills learned in a realworld case study example. Prepare accurate and reasonable conclusions from the data presented. Apply epidemiological methods to the breadth of settings and situations in public health practice.
After completing this case study, the student should be able to:
● Gain experience with an international example.
● Describe the signs and symptoms, means of diagnosis, and control of salmonellosis.
● Describe how Salmonella serotyping can be used in public health practice.
● Given a disease, describe the desired characteristics of a surveillance system for that disease.
● Discuss how the inclusion of the laboratory in the surveillance of a disease impacts the characteristics of the surveillance system and the usefulness of the data.
● Calculate the incidence of a disease if given the number of cases and population size.
● Characterize a health problem by time, place, and person (e.g., perform descriptive epidemiology).
● Create and interpret a graph.
● Interpret the measure of association for a casecontrol study.
This is an asynchronous adaptation of a synchronous case study discussion. This case study has been split into three separate sections to better align with our course materials and increase group discussion. For some of these questions, there is no right answer as it is intentionally up to your discretion. Only submit one document. Grading will be based on the rubric below.
Actions and Instructions
1. Read the case definition for the disease/agent – Salmonella (Understand how the disease/agent is defined)
1. Case definitions (CDC) https://ndc.services.cdc.gov/casedefinitions/salmonellosis2017/
2. Read the investigation procedure for disease/agent – Salmonellosis (Familiarize yourself with how the case study gathered its information)
3. See attached pdf file for investigation procedure
4. Skim the investigation form for disease/agent – Salmonellosis (Familiarize yourself with how data is gathered in the field)
1. Investigation form See attached pdf file for investigation form
5. Read each section of the case study one by one.
Use your own words meaning – Complete this independently, and when using reference material turn it into your own language with a citation to the author.
You may either use intext citations and create a reference page or add relevant citations to the bottom of each question.
HOW OUR WEBSITE WORKS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of
HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE.
To make an Order you only need to click ORDER NOW and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDen. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Deadline range from 6 hours to 30 days.
Once done with writing your paper we will upload it to your account on our website and also forward a copy to your email.
Upon receiving your paper, review it and if any changes are needed contact us immediately. We offer unlimited revisions at no extra cost.Is it Safe to use our services?
We never resell papers on this site. Meaning after your purchase you will get an original copy of your assignment and you have all the rights to use the paper.
Our price ranges from $8$14 per page. If you are short of Budget, contact our Live Support for a Discount Code. All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.
Please note we do not have prewritten answers. We need some time to prepare a perfect essay for you.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more