07Sep 2021 by
The observation assignment will involve the systematic observation of social behavior related to parental involvement in sports. To adequately observe the phenomena of interest, you must conduct a minimum of 4hours studying the group in a natural setting (i.e., live sport event). Inexamining parental behavior, observe the ways sport influences family dynamics. Specifically, try to find examples which might influence positive or negative child outcomes (i.e., heightened pressure, burn out, or signs of enjoyment and positive socialization).
When conducting your observation, you should take notes concerning not only what you saw and heard, but also anything that occurred that was surprising to you. These notes will help you when you write your paper in terms of remembering specific instances/insights concerning parent behavior. In your analysis, be sure to include such things as the time, date, location and type of event you attended. Attach your field notes to your final paper. If your field notes are not attached you will lose points. Remember: you are only doing an observational analysis. DO NOT attempt to interview anyone that you observe or find out his/her name.
Following your analysis, a written paper (4-6 pages) that summarizes both your research and your observation will be submitted. This project can be completed individually, or in groups up to three.
Introduction/Research (25 points):
• Identification of topic of interest – from course materials (lecture, textbook, supplemental readings).
• A thorough review of current knowledge and literature on that topic using peer reviewed sources (minimum of 3 articles)
• Frequent and clear evidence of use of a variety of primary sources (research journal articles, online periodicals, magazine articles, etc.) to support the relevancy of the topic and illustrate the need to understand it.
• Citations are appropriate and demonstrate a thorough review of the topic in current literature
Goal: Communicate and effectively summarize what you are studying, how it has been studied, and why you are interested in continuing to study it.
Methodology (20 points):
• Description of the topic of interest studied
o Describe setting (practice, competition, gym, workout facility, etc.)
o Describe participants in setting (total #, age, gender, race/ethnicity, level of competition/involvement of participants, coaches, parents, referees, etc.)
• Description of how the topic of interest was observed
o Amount of time spent observing
o How was information tracked?
o How was information used to form findings?
Results (25 pts)
• What was found during observation?
• Include frequency, duration, intensity of behaviors
o Who behaved in what specific ways related to your topic during your observation?
• Describe what was observed so that the reader can feel like they saw what you saw
Discussion (20 points):
• Describe how the findings related to the literature on the topic
o Are the results/findings of your observation similar to what the literature suggests?
o Are the results/findings of your observation different than what the literature suggests?
o How does the observation contribute to what existing literature suggests about the topic of interest?
• Citations are accurately used to support discussion
Additional details (10 points):
• Quality rather than quantity is expected – be both thorough and concise.
• The first page of each primary reference should be attached to the final paper.
• A reference page with each article cited correctly according to APA 6thedition format.
• Final papers must be word-processed, doubled-spaced, Times New Roman 12-point font, with 1” margins on all sides.
• This paper is expected to be approximately 4-6 well-written pages in length.
• A good paper will likely use as many as 10-15 sources in the paper
• Citations are included throughout the paper and are cited using APA 6thedition format.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more