06Feb 2022 by
CRITICAL RACE ASSIGNMENT (3/28) “One Crazy Summer”(Garcia-Williams, 2010) is a short novel written with teens and young adults in mind. This novel tells the story of three pre-teen sisters who travel from Brooklyn to Oakland in 1968, at the height of the Black Power Movement to reunite with their mother who has allegedly abandoned them. Throughout the story there is tension and symbolic representation around “nommo”, including the mother’s refusal to speak her youngest daughter’s “given” name, since this was not the name she gave to her daughter. Additional incidents around self-definition arise as there is a confrontation around the terms “colored girl” or “black”. The book serves as a case study for understanding family in the context of environment, and self in the context of family and community. The Critical Race Assignment, requires students to connect the course readings, book context, and research and historical documents. You will utilize this context to;
1) Talk about your self-described racial identity, using Cross’(1978)“ Five Stages of African American Identity”, and Boyd-Franklin��(2003 ) Black Families in Therapy: Understanding the African American Experience.
2) Interview a member of your family or community to provide additional first-hand insight about the community climate of the Civil Rights and Black Power Movement. What do they remember about the political climate at the national and/or local community level during this time period? How did the social policies, customs, or traditions impact their aspirations and interpretation of the family in community? In other words, what critical racial tenants impacted the functioning of families?
3) Examine gender roles and identity, as well as race and power dynamics. Discuss the social issues around employment, education, economics, politics, and the incidents of community unrest.
Welcome to one of the best assignments to help companies online .
· Do you want to order for a customized assignment help task?
· Click on the order now button
· Set up your topic, Fix the number of pages, Fix your Order instructions
· Set up your deadline, upload the necessary files required to complete the task, Complete the payment.
We delivery high quality and non plagiarized tasks within the stipulated time given
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.