Place your order today at a 15% discount
Using the financial statements for Apple Inc. and Alphabet Inc., respectively, you will calculate and compare the financial ratios listed further down this document and prepare your comments about the two companies performances based on your ratio calculations.
using a collaboration tool, such as Big Blue Button, or similar technology, and provide evidence of use of the tool.
Below is the link for the financial statements for Apple Inc. for the fiscal year ending 2017.
https://investor.apple.com/investor-relations/default.aspx (Links to an external site.)
When you arrive at this website, please do the following.
First, select SEC Filings, next select Annual Filings using the drop-down arrow labeled All Filings and then select 2017, using the drop-down arrow labeled Year,
You should select the 10-K dated 11/03/2017 and choose to download in PDF, HTML, or Excel format. The PDF format is the best format for searching.
Below is the link for the financial statements for Alphabet, Inc. for the fiscal year ending 2017.
https://abc.xyz/investor/previous/#numbersLink (Links to an external site.)
First, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on SEC filings and additional information. Next, click on Alphabet SEC filings. Type 10-K in as the Filing Type and click Search. Click on Documents for the 10-K dated 2018-02-06. Finally, click on the link next to the Form 10-K. This will open the 10-K in HTML format which is searchable.
For the Final Submission:
Your final Excel workbook submission should contain the following. You cannot use any other software but Excel to complete this project.
1. A Completed Worksheet Title Page tab, which is really a cover sheet with the names of each team member, the course, the date, your instructors name, and the title for the project.
2. A Completed Worksheet Profiles tab which contains a one-paragraph description regarding each company with information about their history, what products they sell, where they are located, and so forth.
3. All 16 ratios for each company with the supporting calculations and commentary on your Worksheet Ratio tab. Supporting calculations must be shown either as a formula or as text typed into a different cell. The ratios are listed further down this document. Your comments for each ratio should include more than just a definition of the ratio. You should focus on interpreting each ratio number for each company and support your comments with the numbers found in the ratios. You need to specifically state which company performed better for each ratio.
4. The Summary and Conclusions Worksheet tab is an overall comparison of how each company compares in terms of the major category of ratios described in Chapter 13 of your textbook. A nice way to conclude is to state which company you think is the better investment and why.
5. The Bibliography Worksheet tab must contain at least your textbook as a reference. Any other information that you use to profile the companies should also be cited as a reference as well as the links to the financial statements.
Required Ratios for Final Project Submission
1. Earnings per Share of Common Stock
2. Current Ratio
3. Gross Profit Rate
4. Profit Margin
5. Inventory Turnover
6. Days in Inventory
7. Accounts Receivable Turnover
8. Average Collection Period
9. Asset Turnover
10. Return on Assets (ROA)
11. Debt to assets Ratio
12. Times Interest Earned Ratio
13. Dividend Yield [For the purposes of this ratio, use Yahoo Finance to look up current dividend per share and stock price; just note the date that you looked up this information.]
14. Return on Common Stockholders Equity (ROE)
15. Free cash flow
16. Price-Earnings Ratio [For the purpose of this ratio, look up the market price per share as of September 28, 2017 for Apple Inc. and for Alphabet, Inc. use December 29, 2017]
Note: The Excel files uploaded as the assignment submission should not include any unnecessary numbers or information (such as previous years ratios, ratios that were not specifically asked for in the project, etc.).
Other Helpful Information:
If you feel uncomfortable with Excel, you can find many helpful tutorials on Excel by performing a Google search.
Chapter 13 contains ratio calculations and comparison comments for two fictitious companies Chicago Cereal and Giant Mills so you will likely find this information helpful.
1. BigCharts.com (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.) provides historical stock quotes.
APA style must be used to complete the references on your Bibliography tab. The Library contains information on APA formatting.
The post Using the financial statements for Apple Inc. and Alphabet Inc., respectively, you will calculate and compare the appeared first on Essay writing ServiceThe post Using the financial statements for Apple Inc. and Alphabet Inc., respectively, you will calculate and compare the first appeared on.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more