07Sep 2021 by
Use the Internet to find information and images that describe the biotechnology industry, its companies, and its products.
1. Search for several definitions of biotechnology from different sources on the Internet. List the various definitions and then give one definition that you think is representative of most of the others of biotechnology. (3 points)
2. Write two paragraphs about a recent (past 5 years) technology or technique that is utilized in microbial biotechnology, agricultural biotechnology, animal biotechnology, forensic biotechnology, bioremediation, aquatic biotechnology or medical biotechnology. (4 points)
3. For the types of techniques or technologies outlined in question 2, what companies are supporting this kind of research? What other technologies are they working on? If they are not, can you find a related type of technology and discuss it? (two paragraphs) (4 points)
4. In your opinion, what is the ethics of altering the genes of animals used for research? (two to three paragraphs). (4 points)
5. Explain at least two differences between a traditional pharmaceutical product and a biotechnology product. (2 points)
6. What are some nonscience job opportunities in a biotechnology company? Why would it still be useful to have some science background for these positions? (3 points)
Do the following multiple choice questions, for each question submit the correct answer. (1 point each)
7. Combining DNA from different sources is an example of ________.
E) Recombinant DNA technology
8. _______ involves farm-raising finfish, shellfish, algae, and other aquatic organisms.
D) Transgenic technology
9. Selective breeding involves _______.
A) the use of fermentation to produce biotechnology products
B) genetic engineering of animals and plants to improve growth characteristics
C) combining sperm and egg cells from different species to produce hybrid organisms
D) mating organisms with desirable characteristics
E) None of these choices.
10. What technique would most likely be used in forensic biotechnology?
B) DNA fingerprinting
C) Gene therapy
E) None of these choices
11. The use of computer hardware and software to analyze biological data, such as DNA sequence comparison data, is known as ________.
E) Recombinant DNA technology
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more